My REAL website is here:

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

dynamic diagram of mental spaces

As "promised," now that the semester has ended I am resuming my presence here on synthetic stupidspam.

I plan to present some of the things I've been doing this semester in reverse order so that it will be in the right order afters. I'm a bit out of practice here, and my time is still mechakucha-limited, so keep the heat up huh? Wanna reach rant speed 2-D sweet. I'm considering more vlogging, but I will need support. Who's gonna do it with me? Bros? Peeps?

As for today's content, I am presenting a video I made for my cognitive linguistics course with Eve Sweetser - it's a diagram of mental spaces, which are a feature of the new grammar being developed here at Berkeley. I will explain more if anyone says "hey," but it's hard to condense. In any case, there is an explanation at the end of this vid. For more, try starting with "The Metaphors We Live By" by the big guy here, George Lackoff.

One major problem is that you can't read the text on this video cause of YouTube is Les Suquesvilles.

N E way, play at your own risk;


link to youtube page

This is officially the hump here. Content to follow will be related more to my art practice, and will be mas radical.

Re!

-f



(click image to enlarge for full-quality)

No comments: