My REAL website is here:

Monday, September 10, 2007

dream

I know it's dangerous to keep a dream diary - it's caused major problems before...

Late night I woke up having dreamed a very strange dream though.

Feel the end of your nose. It's been a long time since I felt the end of anyone else's nose, and I forget what it's like. Isn't there a little cleft in the cartilage at the very end, an up and down kind of soft spot?

The dream was that if you rub this soft spot...

No, it was more like, you know if your eyes are crossed... That normally your eyes aren't crossed, but if you twist them together they may be two of everything (or for me there is only a faint shadow of a double which is hard to see). But in this dream I realized that you need to cross your eyes in a different way, perhaps it is along a different dimensional plane?

Then your nose, it starts to separate. It becomes two noses with a valley in between. This valley was very light-toned as it didn't get any sunlight. Looking at it was hard, unfocussed without major effort, kind of like the way the world seems when your eyes are crossed. But I could touch it and it was very real. This did not strike me as very strange, but I was concerned about the appearance of my skin in this area, so I was rubbing it with anti-zit cream, or maybe fake tanning oil? I discovered that there was a soft spot up above, where the valley ended underneath my forhead-eyebrow ridge. If I rubbed this spot (it didn't feel bad, but you can't rub too hard) I could then see an extra eye, but that was very hard to maintain (I remember thinking it was funny that I hadn't noticed this sooner). Anyway, this was so hard to concentrate on that the eye disappeared and my nose closed up and I left the bathroom to hang out in the foyer with the transparent bleacher all set in an arc and luminous white ceilings covered with tiny colorful stickers to observe the beautiful young people in the public chorus that had spilled out of the packed concert hall, but when I started humming along (rather poorly I remember), I got yelled at by my high school singing teacher, told that singing was only for "members". I don't need this, I thought, and rode away on my bike.

I am aware that there is a lot of symbolism in third eye visions. But this didn't seem that way, it was very mundane, all about how looking at things funny can reveal something new. The mood at the end was more of an earthly utopia (or at least a really nice place) than of a heaven or other world.

BTW, don't search for three eyed beings on the internet - it's just going to freak you out. Really. But there is one cute little guy that you shouldn't miss:

2 comments:

Eff Gwazdor said...

Well, I meant cute for something freaky.

Henry said...

i dont have a cleft of cartilige at the end of my nose....dont you know your own brothers end of nose!.....i do however....i have three eyes. i am going to feel some end of noses today....i just have to now that you mentioned it.