My REAL website is here:

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I need something to change your mind!

Miiiiiiiiiin-D!!!

Here is a series of articles that's right up my alley not only because of the subject matter, but because of its quietly innovative form. It asks scientists to talk about a time that they changed their mind. The answers are encouraging and surprizing in that these people who try so hard to be rational admit that they are fallible. It's not that this is a new philosophical concept, but the specificity is fascinating. I am pleased not that this disproves rationality as a useful manner of thinking (it doesn't), but that the answers reveal (some of) these people to be very humanistic and caring, as well as insatiably curious. Yay! Discovering the beauty of other people allows me to enjoys life.

There is a lot a lot of content here:World Question Center

No comments: