My REAL website is here:

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

80's myuzic from Japan (mix)



80smusicfromJapan.zip

This is a mix of 80's new wave music from Japan. I draw pretty heavy from Yen Records, the label of YMO. And there is a lot of Miharu Koshi, as well there should be. It is generally pretty keyboard driven, but there are some very very silly songs in here I have to say. This is as "cold" as Japanese pop music gets, which is not too cold - this is more like tunes from a pool party in September where everyone sits around smoking cigarettes than the soundtrack to a post-apocalyptic vacuum cleaner sacrifice ceremony. I'm getting through here, right? If you are unfamiliar with the particularities of Japanese Pop music you may have to give these a few listens before the click. And I didn't put any YMO or Plastics on it cause I'm not into YMO and I think everyone should already have the Plastics - if you don't, shame on you! I don't have anything serious to say about this music. I'll leave that to total cool dude. I'm really no expert - it's hard to find info about this music, let alone the tracks themselves, and this might not be the absolute best of the best of this genre, but it will give you a taste.

Some more (kind of goofy) info on this music can be found here.

This is a huge zip file 'cause I think compression is destroying the universe. Unfortunately this means you have to practice being patient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is the best music ever!