My REAL website is here:

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Passed Over?

I'm still waiting for Columbia to get back to me. At this point I don't care if it's accept or reject. I just want the letter to come. Or the email or call. Or homing pigeon. Whatever. I can't sleep good.

I have been hard at work on this simple "Pictocracy" project - making more animations. Its a good project for me because now that I have done the first one the others are relatively fast and simple - a good way to burn time. I have been pleased with the comments - I actually was surprised that everyone has been so orderly - everyone answered with a numbered list - not something I had anticipated. I guess this is a product of American school culture - still pretty rigid despite all the hoopla about fostering creativity (schools don't foster creativity - remember? School?). Not that they don't try. But I guess I can use those years of military-type conditioning to my advantage. This in the same vein as what TCD was saying on the EPN about new genres - creative restriction as a kind of freedom. These thoughts are interesting but dangerous. I want to make it clear that what I am doing is a reaction to a condition that is present in society, not an ideal for society. I am for freedom, but I don't really know what I mean by that. Needs more thought.

I guess the EPN is on spring break or something. Or maybe I just killed it by posting too much. Or maybe "pictocracy" is the greatest artwork ever made and everyone realized there is simply nothing more to say. I'm sure that's it. Anyway, I'm going to finish up a few more of these and then send out some invitations to participate. I never learn that those things never work out. But it pays to keep trying.

No comments: