My REAL website is here:

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Penguin Club - Park

In Sangenjaya, Tokyo there is a store called "Fujiyama Records." It is on an eliptical orbit that only crosses the Earth's plane on strange days, following a kind of alchemical calendar, or, astronauts at the speed of light touch down on a strangely barren future world. You know. It's a magical place. By which I mean it is a lot of work, is slightly poisonous, and is death to disney. Most of the time there's just an old and very shuttered shack behind a vegetable store on a three-cornered block with four corners. It's far away from the subway and the streetlight is cold. Except when it's open. I can't tell you about what is inside.
Here's a CD I bought there. It didn't have a sleeve, just the CD - "Penguin Club - Park."
I remember recording this. It was not actually as late at night as it sounds. I know I sound funny - I was pretty young and... it was a strange day. Sound is - Dark new wave? Dark bedroom? Light bedroom?
Don't try to look this one up. You have no idea how many Penguin Clubs there are.
Penguin Club - Park
Oh yeah, Fujiyama has a website:
Fujiyama Records.
Other posts in my on-going yet poorly-attended mp3 series:
The Buttmops
80's music from Japan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.