My REAL website is here:

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Searching for sentences on Google

I searched for some sentences from my last entry.

***

I'm like that all the time... which is so not true. I am really quite happy right now. I have amazing friends that continually teach me about the great big thing called life. And he tosses the pizza into the trash can, which was getting rather full that day.

"Well, Babuie,That's what I've been thinking about," says Babette.

"Well stop thinking! Get out of here and leave me alone."

My friends and family know that I have this quirky habit on road trips—I love holding my breath to pass the time. On a recent trip I held my breath for 2 ½ miles! As more people think in the world, the collective vocabulary of the world goes up and this is what increases our ability to think more clearly.

So what is the point of all this thinking clearly, you may ask. I leave you with a thought that Blaise Pascal recorded: “Working hard to think clearly is the beginning of moral conduct.”

***

I honestly feel like that little experiment worked out. I think these "example sentences" express what I was thinking better than the last post did... What do you think?

4 comments:

Eff Gwazdor said...

The link about thinking too much is really amazing. Actually so fucking intense for me.

Alexis said...

What, Blaise Paccal? I'm partial to "Well Stop thinking! Get out of here and leave me alone!"

You gonna' make friends with thee people?

Eff Gwazdor said...

OK. Of course I'm not going to make friends with these people. I'm not "friendly."

Babuie kind of sounds like you, FameIsMagic. First of all, what Babuie was thinking about was, "Why is Babette ruining so many pizzas?'

Did I explain how I wrote this? I guess not - I looked up all the short sentences in the previous post. There were only four that had "matches" on google. I copied the sentence, and the one before and after it, and copied it into the post, complete with the original formatting. And in the original order.

I'm pretty certain nobody else cares, but this kind of cut-up writing always helps me understand my thoughts better.

I'm trying to remember a word. It means something like oracle or palimpsest or something.

Idalia said...

I used to have a boyfriend who was in a band called everyone asked about you, which I of course googled, and let me tell you that is an AMAZING sentence to google. This was in the earlyish days of google and felt hilarious and beautiful. I still highly recommend googling your favorite angsty relationship sentences to see what indiscretions bloggers have been committing.

I hope he never finds out
He'll never know I
want so much more than this