My REAL website is here:

Friday, June 29, 2007

curating videos

I've done all the work for you.

In the course of making friends for Perceival I have been contacting a lot of different folks on YouTube. There are some quite nice videos there. I have been noticing a trend, a style, or visual aesthetic. It has its roots in all kinds of experimental video, but it is also distinct to YouTube. These videos combine trippy, blinky, colorful, highly processed images with a focus on the abstract body, psychedelic enhanced personalities, post-ironic self-help, and uncanny situational comedy. Plus video feedback. Plus Or something. Actually I don't know what I'm talking about. I put a lot of these videos into a playlist - it's still all kinds of raw and unfinished, but I'm presenting it anyway:

MAX-A-MILLION

What I want to know is - do you see anything in these videos - any similarities or themes? Or am I crackers? (I mean, about this one thing in particular.)

It has blinky lights, sorry. Due to a new leaf that is turning over, they are falling out of favor with me, these strobing things, but for a while I was chasing them. Why I wonder?

No comments: