My REAL website is here:

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Chaliff Dance

I thought I would take the advice of pretty much everyone who came to "Howwa We Ana - However We Wanna" and put this video up on YouTube. Even though it looks kind of silly out of context, and the idea changes a lot, I figure it is best to err on the side of sharing things.

All the "Chaliffs" in the show were preceded by a text that took the form of a "chat" and served to explain the process by which the work was created.

Chaliff Dance

Eff: I will film myself dancing a made-up dance. Then I will write down its choreography and send you the directions. I will dress formally and it would only be right if you would, too. Oh - I don't send you the video - that would ruin it!
Dina: I am also going to choreograph a dance, film myself dancing my dance, and send you the written directions. Then I will film myself trying to follow your steps.
Eff: And I will film myself trying to dance your dance.
Eff: Wait - it's a little confusing. So, I dance my dance and you dance my dance?
Dina: We both dance our own dance, but only once at the beginning, then we dance the other person's dance by following each other’s written dance instructions.
Eff: I don't think they will get totally coordinated. Or even semi-coordinated…
Dina: They might, though. What music should we use?

2 comments:

Henry said...

really awesome man.

Henry said...

the parts where you are coordinated are really fantastic. not that the other parts arent...but they are nice little surprises. cuuuuute.