My REAL website is here:

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Everything all together

HERE"S THEE ANSWER TO LAST WEEK"S KWIZZZ!!! (scroll down if you don't get it):
Who was that man?
What does he do that's so cool? (Other than telling FUNNY JOKES?)"
And what SHOULD he be doing?
The answer to that last one is FIXING HIS GODDAMN SITE ALREADY. But I identify with a dude who doesn't always "git er dun." Yes indeedy. So, y'all pizza callers shoulda knowed this one. Member? You member, member? This was posted on the EPN a bit ago, but it just resonates and resonates with me. Like big dub cymbals. Or brontosauruses. But I like his way of thinking - it is details-oriented, about organization of social structures, concerned with the way that images are perceived, looks on humanity in a different way, and completely revolutionary, I think. I know that this is a lil played out, but I think I'm going to be working with some of these ideas.

What have I been doing? Well, it's best to focus on the tiny details. I have insomnia yes I do. And so I will tell you of the books I have been reading. The united themes? 1. They were both FOUND. 2. They are both about horrific, meaningless bodily suffering. 3. They are both about the COLD (perfect for August!). 4. They both have strong people. 5. They are both non-fiction. Oh and they are about amazing.

The first book is The Gulag Archipelego (That's just Amazon, sorr...). It's about he breakdown in justice within the Soviet Union.

The second book is Endurance, which is about the Antarctic Expedition of 1914 that was stuck in the ice and south polar wastelands for 17 months. It is illustrated with photographs taken during the expedition.

Well, Insomnia and all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Farley! Another united theme, those are both books I've wanted to read.

It looks like I may be going to find out what it's like to collect Japanese unemployment insurance. Nobody knows if we're getting paid on Wednesday! Yesterday I was terrified, now I'm kind of giddily mellow about it.

Alexis said...

skit about alines.

(Alien arrives. Walks up to girl hanging laundry and talking on cell phone.)

girl on phone: There are so many limits on life and that's why I'm always crying. I just want to feel a new way or do a new thing but the harder itry, it's actually the MORE I notice that I'm trying so hard and that that's an old pattern, not soemthign new at all. I want some outside thing to come into my life and make me feel something new - an entirely new experience in my life - a whole new day a whole new way. I've tried everything. I took a vacation and I didn't pack. But I still ended up at a drug store. I still had days I just wandered around wishing to feel something new and more. do you understand?

Alien: Girl - - be not afraid. I know your language. I know your kind.

(Girl is dumbfounded)

Alien: The experience you describe. This frustration you cannot shake - it is the reason your kind does not travel from planet to planet. It is the reason you suck and we rule. The reason you will never conquer sapce and time is this malaise and frustration. It is also "Judge Judy" and "Jerry Springer" and money.

(Alien proceeds to destroy the planet earth)